Gila at Arundel hotel

Gila at Arundel hotel
Visit with Mercedes

Thursday 10 February 2011

Final part of Paris

My dear Friends

I only had twenty four hours left in Paris. Basically I swanned around but ate in my hotel that evening. I went down to my hotel Cosy cafe, where I had a nice coffee and greeted a nice man I had seen in the bar near the Church that morning. The Mass that morning had been very lively and the Church was full. Now I was nearing the end of the trip. The next morning I had breakfast in the Cosy cafe and said goodbye to a nice couple from Australia, who had survived the floods in Brisbane. Then I packed my stuff and set off for the Gare du Nord. Alexia had told me about the Canal St Martin, so I got off the Metro and went in sight of it.

It was raining so not the best day to wander round the canals, so I had a quick look and found a nice bar. I decided to walk to the Gare du Nord, which took me about half an hour. I sat in the station for a short while and several poor and homeless people came up to me and asked me for money. I gave each one a small amount and listened to their stories, some were living in tents in the city, one had nowhere but the street to sleep in. It reminded me of Cambridge, where we have the most homeless people in Europe.

I had enough money for an omelette so I went across the street and sat beside a nice businessman from Belgium. I still had two hours before the Eurostar and I met a nice lady in the station with whom I shared my trip.

Bye for now
Shalom from
Sister Gila

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You see the world in Paris!!B